How to Add a Wireless HP Printer to Windows 10
HP printers are one of the best options for all your home and office printing needs. The HP printers are compatible with the Windows and Mac computers. It means you can connect the HP printer to your Windows, as well as Mac computers.
Adding a wireless HP printer to the Windows computer is a simple process. For this, you need a stable Windows 10 computer and wireless HP printer.
Now, are you thinking about how to add your Windows 10 computer to the HP printer? If yes, then do not worry. It’s because here we are explaining the standard procedure for adding a wireless HP printer to the Windows 10 computer.
- To begin with, activate the HP printer.
- After that, move on to the Windows 10 operating system and power it up.
- Check the computer and make sure that it is faultless.
- After that, ensure that the Windows computer has a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Now, press the keys (Windows and Q) on the keyboard.
- Enter the term – Printers to continue with the process.
- Choose the displayed option- Printers & Scanners.
- Then, select the “Add a Printer or Scanner” option.
- A list of wireless HP printers will appear on the device screen.
- Choose your preferred HP printer name and select- Add device.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions and add the HP printer to the device.
Now, if your HP printer name is not in the Windows 10 computer, use the below procedure. With the help of the below procedure, you will be able to add your printer to the Windows 10 device.
- Press the Windows key and Q key on the keyboard.
- You will see a search bar on the device, enter – Printer.
- Choose the given “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Now, select the displayed option – Add a printer or scanner.
- Click- The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- After that, select the option- Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer.
- Finally, select the connected HP printer.
How to Change the Default HP Printer?
When it comes to changing the default HP printer, some of you might don’t know how to do this. Considering this, here we are mentioning the basic instructions to change the default HP printer.
Here are the basic instructions for changing the default HP printer:
- Press the Windows and Q keys on the Windows 10 computer.
- Provide the word- Printer on the search bar and choose- Printers & Scanners.
- Off the option- Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Now, a wide array of wireless HP Printers displays on the Windows 10 device.
- Choose the HP printer that you want to make the default printing option.
- After that, choose the “Manage” option and click- Set as default.
I hope now you are clear on how to add the wireless HP printer to the Windows 10 device. Along with this, we have also explained how to change the default printer and set your preferred HP printer as the default option for printing.
Still, if you need more clarification on this, feel free to call our customer support team.