HP Envy Pro 6458 Printer – Setup & Driver Install
HP Envy Pro 6458 Printer - Overview
All-new HP Envy Pro 6458 printer comes with several features. It consists of 3 color ink cartridges and the memory storage capacity of this printer is 128 MB. You can print from this printer via your mobile devices. However, for this, you need to have some software. It includes Mopria™-certified, Apple AirPrint™, and HP Smart App.
In terms of paper handling, its input capacity is 40 cards and 100 sheets. Moreover, its output paper handling capacity is 25 sheets. The HP Envy Pro 6458 has a resolution of 300 x 300 dpi for copy jobs. It supports a maximum of 9 copies. Additionally, for faxing, it has a resolution of 150 x 150 dpi and has unlimited storage capacity.
The standard steps for setting up HP Envy Pro 6458 Printer are:
- Unwrap the new printer package and get the printer accessories out.
- Now, take the HP printer from the package and keep it near a wall outlet.
- Clear away all the packing materials from your printer.
- Then, plug-in the USB cord into the rear of your envy pro printer.
- Connect another end of the USB cord into the electric outlet.
- Power up the electric outlet to activate your printer.
- Once the printer activates, access its paper tray.
- Fill compatible sheets on the paper tray.
- Then, insert the suitable ink cartridges into the proper cartridge slots.
- Adjust the settings of your printer on the LED screen.
- Now, download the suitable driver on the computer.
- Run the driver installation process and click on a method for connecting devices.
- Complete the driver setup and print a file to ensure HP Envy Pro 6458 setup.
HP Envy Pro 6458 Driver Download & Install
Setting up HP Envy Pro 6458 driver on windows, as well as MAC computer is an easy process. It is easily possible with a set of standard setup steps. Here are the instructions for setting up the driver on windows and apple devices:
HP Envy Pro 6458 Driver Download – Windows
The standard HP Envy Pro driver installation steps for windows device are listed below:
- Switch on your Windows computer.
- Search for the compatible driver and download it.
- Save HP Envy Pro 6458 driver on your device.
- Initiate the driver setup and carry on with the on-screen steps.
- Select a way for connecting (wired or wireless) your Windows device.
- Complete the HP Envy Pro driver setting up process.
- Take a test print to ensure the driver setup process.
HP Envy Pro 6458 Driver Download – MAC
The procedure for Envy Pro 6458 driver download and installation on the mac is:
- Power up your Mac system.
- Ensure that your device has no interrupted connection.
- Get the compatible driver and download it on the Mac device.
- Run the driver setup and finish the process with the on-screen procedure.
- Choose a method for connecting your printer and device.
- Finish the setup process of the HP Envy Pro 6458 driver and take a test print.
HP Envy Pro 6458 Wireless Setup
The process of HP Envy Pro 6458 wireless setup is not complicated. For Wi-Fi setup, you require a secure Wi-Fi network. To connect your printer and computer with a wireless network, two methods are there. Here are two standard methods for wireless setup:
Wireless Setup Wizard
Add your device Wi-Fi network on the printer with the on-screen steps:
- Turn on the device and ensure to have a safe Wi-Fi connection.
- Power up your Envy Pro printer and move on to its Wi-Fi menu.
- Tap the given wireless setup wizard option.
- Select your desired device network and complete the wireless setup.
- Finally, print any file as a sample.
HP Smart App
Set up the wireless network on your printer via HP Smart App with the below steps:
- Go to your computer and save the software- HP Smart App.
- Open the downloaded software.
- Complete the software installation and open the software.
- Set up your HP Envy Pro printer on this software.
- Lastly, finish the Envy Pro 6458 wireless setup.
HP Envy Pro 6458 Troubleshooting
1. HP Envy Pro 6458 not working
If the HP Envy pro 6458 not functioning properly; then use the steps below:
- Go to the touch panel of your printer and verify its settings.
- After that, confirm that your default printer settings are accurate.
- Confirm that the printer settings are set not just for B/W prints.
If all the settings are correct, then try printing. Now, if still, the printer fails to work, then remove the Envy Pro 6458 driver from the device. After that, download and install the printer driver again on the computer. Finally, ensure that your printer is working. If not working, contact us at the earliest.
2. HP Envy Pro 6458 Factory Reset
For factory reset, use the procedure listed here:
- To begin with, actuate your Envy Pro printer.
- Then, tap the given option Setup on the printer screen.
- Now, choose the option Tools and touch the Restore Defaults option.
- Proceed with the process by choosing – Yes.
- Your Envy Pro 6458 printer will start again.
- Hold on for some time until the printer starts over.
- Finally, the HP 6458 changes to the factory default settings.
3.HP Envy Pro 6458 is not online
If the HP printer is not online, use the procedure given below:
- Go to your device and choose the icon- Start.
- Select the option- Devices and Printers from the menu.
- Right-click on Envy Pro 6458 and choose “See what’s printing”.
- Then, select – Printer and click- “Use Printer Online”.
Still, if your printer is offline, reach out to us.
4. HP Envy Pro 6458 Fails to Print Documents
If the Envy Pro printer fails to print documents, then follow the below steps:
- Make sure that the HP printer turns ON.
- Move on to the printer paper tray and ensure the sheets placed in it are compatible.
- Verify that the USB cable that is in connection with the printer.
If your printer fails to print the file, then contact our experts.