HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer - Overview
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer monthly duty cycle is 20000 pages. Its features include scan to folders and Print from a USB flash drive. Its display diagonal size is 2.65’’ and its monthly volume is 200 to 800 pages.
With this printer, you can print files from mobile phones by using HP ePrint, wireless direct printing, Mopria Print Service, and Apple AirPrint. It has a memory of 1 GB and uses HP Thermal Inkjet technology. The printer has four cartridges – black, cyan, yellow, and magenta. Its copying resolution is 600 x 600 dpi and speed is 30 ppm for mono and 24 ppm for color.
- Uncover the new HP OJ pro 6978 printer package.
- Keep the new printer in a safe place near the power port.
- Using the stable USB cable, provide the connection between the power port and printer.
- Power ON the power port; the new HP OJ Pro 6978 printer lights up.
- Go to printer settings and make the necessary changes.
- Feed the printer tray with suitable sheets and move on to printer cartridge slots.
- Load ink cartridges in the appropriate slots and download the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver.
- Connect the computer and printer via a wired or wireless network.
- Lastly, take a test print to ensure the HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver Download & Install
HP OJ Pro 6978 Driver Download – Windows
- Access the Windows computer and download the printer driver on it.
- Then, access the downloaded driver file and extract it.
- The HP OJ Pro 6978 driver installation will begin.
- After that, carry on with the on-screen driver setup instructions.
- Finish the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver setup and print a document.
HP OJ Pro 6978 Driver Download – MAC
- Turn on the Mac computer and check the device OS.
- Find the driver compatible with the device OS and download it.
- Initiate the driver setup by extracting the file and proceed with the wizard steps.
- Click on the desired network setup method and finish the HP OJ Pro 6978 driver installation.
- Finally, open a file and print it as a sample.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
Adding the device wireless network on HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is possible quickly and easily by following the instructions listed below:
HP Smart App
The procedure for wireless network setup using HP Smart App is:
- Initially, switch on the HP OJ Pro printer and computer.
- Get the compatible HP Smart App and save it on the device.
- Then, open the saved file and complete the installation with the on-screen steps.
- After that, access the software and add the printer to it.
- Finish HP Officejet Pro 6968 wireless setup.
Wireless Setup Wizard
The general steps for HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup are:
- Power up the HP printer and access its Wi-Fi menu.
- Choose the Wireless setup wizard, a list of wireless networks will appear.
- Choose the wireless network name of the device and continue.
- Finish HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wi-Fi setup.
- Go to the computer, access a file, and print it.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Diagnose
If you face diagnosing the problem with the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, use the steps below:
- Get HP Print and Scan doctor software and download it on the computer.
- Then, install the downloaded software with the on-screen procedure.
- After installation, access the software and choose the Start option.
- Click on the printer name and choose the option as per your requirement.
- If the OJ pro printer is still having the diagnose problem, contact our customer care experts.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 is not activating
To activate the OJ Pro printer, implement the method listed below:
- Unplug the USB cable from the power port and HP printer.
- Then, check and confirm that the power port is perfect.
- Then, reconnect the USB cable to the electric supply and HP printer.
- Activate the power supply, the printer will power up.
- For more info on OJ Pro 6978 problem, contact our team.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 not Working
- For fixing this printer problem, confirm that the connection between devices is stable.
- Then, check the power port to which the printer connects and ensure that it is stable.
- After that, OFF the printer, ON it again, and move on to the computer.
- Remove the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver from your device and get the Driver Easy software.
- Download the software and run it, to begin with, the installation.
- Choose the option- Scan Now; the software scans the computer and finds the problem with the driver.
- Then select the update gave near the HP printer name and set up a driver on the computer.
- Choose the option- Devices and Printers and right-click on OJ Pro 6978 and click Set as Default option.
- Now, pause all the print tasks and confirm that the ink cartridges are accurate.
- After that, ensure that the HP printer is free from paper jams and take a test print.
- For additional expert assistance, call our tech support team.