HP Officejet Pro 7740 Offline issue
The HP Officejet Pro 7740 is an efficient and reliable printer, but general issues may occur from time to time. This should not question the quality of the printer, as these issues occur on average with all printers. The reason behind the issue is hard to define, but the issue can certainly be removed. A series of steps and procedures have been added below to remove the issue from the printer. To do so, complete the steps and remove the offline printer issue.
Here are the possible steps that have to be followed to remove the HP Officejet Pro 7740 offline issue. It may have to do with some change made, or at times, troubleshooting is required.
Check to make sure “Use printer offline” is not chosen
When this setting has been made on the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer, it will cause the printer to work offline, thus, disconnecting the printer from the device and network. To avoid doing this, the printer setting has to be removed.
- Open the Settings app on the device and choose Devices and Printers.
- On clicking Devices and Printers, a list of all the available printers will appear.
- Select the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer and right-click on it.
- Offline will be displayed on the HP Officejet Pro 7740.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Use Printer Online.”
Ensure the printer is set as the default printer to resolve the HP printer offline issue.
- Move over to the device to choose the Settings app and open the Control Panel.
- Choose Devices and Printers and select the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer from the list.
- On locating the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer, right-click on it, and a pop-up menu will appear.
- Select “Set as Default.” Apply the changes and allow the printer to connect to the device.
- This is one way the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer will no longer remain offline.
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
Ensure that the printer startup type is set to automatic. Then, complete the steps mentioned below to remove the issues.
- Open the Service app on the Windows device and locate the Printer Spooler.
- Right-click on it and select “Stop.” Give it a few minutes, and connect it back and select Start.
- After all these changes have been made, restart the printer for the changes to apply.
Check the wireless connection.
Sometimes, the printer appears to be offline because of the connection issue. There could be a wireless connection that is not active, and it doesn’t allow the printer to connect to it. There are times the connection will remain active but fail to function. The reason behind this is speed. If the printer is being connected to the wireless connection for the first time, then the wifi router should be compatible. Alternatively, use another wireless connection to connect to the HP Officejet Pro 7740. This step will also allow the printer to identify the issue with the printer or the device.
All the above steps are to remove the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer offline issue. The guidelines are to be completed as instructed to avoid further complications with the printer. If the guidelines mentioned above prove to be challenging to complete, contact our team of experts to resolve the issue with the printer.