HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer - Overview
With HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, print, scan, copy, and fax without any hassle. The HP 8740 printer paper tray has the ability to manage 250 sheets. It has a print resolution of 2400 x 1200 dpi and ISO speed of 20 ppm in color & 24 ppm in black. With this printer, you can enjoy two-sided prints at a speed of 17 ppm for color and 20 ppm for black. The printer also supports borderless images up to 8.5 x 11’’ or A4 sizes. Its duty cycle is 30,000 pages for a month. Additionally, the printer supports wired and wireless connectivity modes.
The general procedure for HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer setup is:
- Take the new printer package and open it.
- Now, take the HP OJ Pro 8740 printer out.
- Keep the HP 8740 printer near the wall outlet.
- After that, tear off the printer outer side coverings.
- Then, tear off the printer outer section coverings.
- Check and ensure that the printer does not any problem.
- Take a new USB cable and remove the coverings from it.
- Ensure that your USB cable does not have any fault.
- After that, open the ink cartridge slots of the HP 8740 printer.
- Get the proper ink cartridges and remove the coverings from them.
- Load the new ink cartridges into the printer cartridge slots.
- Close the printer cartridge slots and open the HP printer paper tray.
- Take a set of papers compatible with the HP OJ Pro 8740 printer.
- Check and confirm that the papers do not have any fault.
- Place the papers on the printer tray and close the tray.
- After that, power up the desired computer.
- Download HP OJ Pro 8740 driver suitable for the device OS version.
- Run the driver file and install the driver using the wizard procedure.
- While installing the driver, choose a method to connect the printer and computer.
- Finish the printer setup process and open a file on the computer.
- Choose the File menu and select the Print option.
- Then, adjust the print settings as per your requirements and click- Print.
- Finally, get the print and ensure proper printer setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver Download & Install
Downloading and installing HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver is an easy and quick process. The simple instructions for driver setup on both Mac and Windows devices are:
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver for Windows
The procedure to install HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver on Windows device is:
- Power up the Windows computer.
- Check and confirm that the Windows computer has active Wi-Fi.
- Now, check the OS version and download HP OJ Pro 8740 driver suitable for it.
- Open the HP 8740 driver installation file and move on with the wizard instructions.
- You will see a wizard with available connectivity methods.
- Choose your preferred connectivity method to continue.
- Finish HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver setup on Windows computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver for Mac
The instructions for installing HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver on a Mac computer are:
- Firstly, switch ON the Mac computer.
- Check and ensure that the Mac computer has stable Wi-Fi.
- Know the Mac OS version and get a compatible HP 8740 driver file on the device.
- Open the compatible HP 8740 driver setup file and carry on with the wizard steps.
- A wizard will appear with more than one connectivity method.
- Select your desired connectivity method to proceed.
- Complete HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver installation on Mac computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
HP Smart App
The procedure for HP OJ Pro 8740 wireless setup via HP Smart App is:
- Turn ON the preferred computer and make sure to have no issue.
- Check the internet connection of the computer and ensure that it is active.
- Download HP Smart App software RAR file on the computer.
- Extract the RAR file and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- Complete the installation process of the HP Smart App.
- After that, open the installed HP Smart App.
- Now, access the HP Smart App settings and make essential changes.
- Choose the Add device and proceed with the wizard procedure.
- Complete HP Officejet Pro 8740 wireless setup.
Wireless Setup Wizard
The instructions for HP OJ Pro 8740 Wi-Fi setup using wireless setup wizard are:
- Power up the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.
- Ensure that the printer does not have any issues.
- Power up the computer and ensure to have an accurate internet.
- Go to the printer control panel and choose the Setup option.
- Select the network setup menu and access the wireless settings menu.
- Choose the wireless setup wizard, and a list of Wi-Fi names will be on the printer.
- Select your Wi-Fi name and continue with the on-screen steps.
- When the wizard asks, enter the password of your selected Wi-Fi.
- Finish HP Officejet Pro 8740 wireless setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer not working
If the HP 8740 printer fails to work properly, solve it with the instructions listed below:
- Switch ON the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer.
- Access the HP 8740 printer panel and go to the settings sections.
- Ensure that the printer settings are accurate.
- If the printer settings are not correct, change the settings as per the requirements.
- Check and ensure that printer settings are set for both B/W and color prints.
If the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer settings are correct, print a file. However, if you experience the same issue with the HP 8740 printer, go to the computer. Remove the HP OJ Pro 8740 driver from the desired computer. Now, download the compatible printer driver on the device. Run the OJ Pro printer driver file on the computer. Proceed with the on-screen steps and set up the driver on the device. Finally, take a print of the file.
If the same problem occurs again with the HP 8740 printer, call our tech support experts.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Fails to Print Documents
There are situations HP OJ Pro 8740 printer might fail to print documents. In such a situation, implement the below-shown steps and solve them.
- Initially, access the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer and power it up.
- Check the OJ Pro printer and ensure it is stable.
- Now, move on to the printer paper tray and open it.
- Ensure that the bunch of sheets in the paper tray is appropriate.
- Close the HP 8740 paper tray and move on to the printer ink cartridge slots.
- Open the ink cartridge slots and ensure that the ink cartridges have accurate ink levels.
- Close the ink cartridge slots and check & confirm the power cord connection in the printer is perfect.
- Finally, try printing.
If still the same problem exists, call our team.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer is not online
Transform your offline HP OJ Pro 8740 printer to online mode with the following method:
- Turn ON the desired computer and choose the Start button.
- Access the control panel section and go for the Devices and Printers section.
- Now, your HP OJ Pro 8740 printer will be on the screen, right-click on it.
- Select the “See what’s printing” option from the list of options.
- Go to the HP printer menu and select the “Use Printer Online” option.
If you need more explanation on this, contact our client support team.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Factor Reset
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer factory resetting process is simple. The general steps for factory resetting process are:
- Turn ON the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer.
- Now, choose the Setup option on the HP printer panel.
- Access the Tools option and go for Restore Default settings.
- Carry on with the wizard steps and complete the process.
- Now, you have to wait until the OJ Pro 8740 printer activates.
- The factory resetting process starts on the HP 8740 printer.
If you require more technical assistance, call us.