HP Printer USB Connection process for Windows & MAC
Setting up your HP printer to Windows and MAC is simple. Affix your HP printer to Windows/MAC via a USB cable with the steps listed below. Come, let us get started with the Windows and MAC USB cable connection steps.
Step 1: HP printer USB cable connection steps for Windows
At first, download and install the latest version of the HP Smart App. And, then follow the steps given below to make it simple:
- If you have connected a USB cable between an HP printer and PC, disconnect it.
- Also, remove your HP printer from the Windows PC.
- Now, open the printers and scanners menu and choose your printer model.
- Click remove device and tap yes to remove your HP printer from the Windows PC.
- Else, check if your Windows PC has a USB port and connect the cable to it.
- Open the HP Smart App and tap the plus sign to add your HP printer model.
Step 2: HP printer USB cable connection steps for MAC
Download the HP Smart App and continue with the following steps. Make USB connection simple with the set of guidance listed below:
- Open the MAC PC and go to the system preferences icon.
- Next, choose printers and scanners to view a list of available HP printers.
- Right-click on your printer model and select remove. Click yes to uninstall the HP printer from your MAC PC.
- Now, check if the MAC PC has a USB port and connect the USB cable to it.
- Affix the other end of the USB cable to the HP printer and reboot your devices.
- Else, open the HP Smart App and tap the plus sign to add your HP printer.
- Next, choose a USB cable connection and connect the USB cable to the devices.
- Now, assign a print task and check if the USB cable connection is reliable.
All the steps listed above will help you connect your HP printer to Windows/MAC. For further HP printer connectivity guidance, you can contact our team.