How do you Install HP wireless printer to windows 10?
Installing your wireless HP printer on Windows 10 is an easy process. There are three methods for this; you can choose the way as per your requirements and convenience.
HP Wireless Printer Installation to Windows 10 using USB
You can add an HP printer to Windows 10 device with a USB cable. For this, you need a USB cable and compatible driver. To get driver, visit 123.hp.com. Now, to use this method, follow the instructions given below:
- Access your Windows computer.
- Go to Change device installation settings.
- Choose the option- Yes, and then select Save Changes.
- Ensure to have a strong internet in your device.
- Power up the HP printer.
- Connect the printer and windows computer with a USB cable.
- Try using the printer.
- If you are unable to use the printer, then go to your device.
- Access the control panel and select the option – Devices and Printers.
- Choose “Add a Printer” and continue to add the printer.
- Select the port and proceed to choose Windows Update.
- Now, you have to wait for a few minutes so that the print drivers update.
- After that, go to the Manufacturer window and click on Hewlett-Packard.
- You will see your HP printer name in the printer panel; click on it.
- Continue by following the steps on the window.
- Get driver from 123.hp.com/setup and install it using the on-screen procedure.
- Open the paper tray of your HP printer.
- Load suitable paper into the tray and close it.
- Finally, print a document as a sample to ensure the setup is proper.
HP Printer Installation to Windows 10 Using Wireless Network
When it comes to the hp printer wireless setup, you have two ways. One is using Wireless Setup Wizard, and the other is Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
First, have a look into the procedure for the Wireless Setup Wizard method.
Wireless Setup Wizard
To use this method, you should have certain items. It includes your wireless network name and password & a device with an active Wi-Fi network. Now, follow the below steps to use this method.
- Power up your router, printer, and windows device.
- Confirm that your printer and windows device have the same wireless network.
- Make sure that no USB cables are in connection with the printer.
- Go to the panel of your printer.
- Tap the option Setup and then Network to access the Wireless menu.
- Choose the given Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Proceed with the wizard steps to finish the process.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup
The steps to connect printer and device wirelessly using Wi-Fi Protected Setup are:
- Power up the printer and access its panel.
- Press the wireless button and hold it until the wireless light blinks.
- Move on to your wireless router.
- Press the WPS button, wait for 2 minutes, and release.
- Wait for few minutes until your router and printer make a Wi-Fi network.
- Now, ON your computer and make sure that it has the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then, move on to its control panel and go to Devices and Printers.
- Select the option given on the menu – Add a Printer and choose your device.
- If your HP device is not on the list, add it using the on-screen instructions.
- Go to official website 123.hp.com.
- Download and install the suitable driver on your OS.
- Finally, take a sample print.
Wired Connection Method to Install HP Printer on Device with Windows 10 OS
Here are the steps to install your wireless HP printer on Windows 10 using the wired connectivity method.
- Ensure that your router has Ethernet ports.
- Confirm whether your windows device is in connection with the router.
- Get an undamaged Ethernet cable. (Avoid using telephone cable)
- Switch on the HP printer.
- Clear off the cover or plug from your Ethernet Port.
- Take the Ethernet cable and connect it with the printer.
- Then, connect the cable to the router.
- Access your Windows 10 operating system and go to its control panel.
- Choose the option – Devices and Printers and select “Add a Printer.”
- Carry on with the steps on the setup window and complete the hp printer setup.
- If you do not see your printer name, then choose – The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Now, you will see four options, click on the last option, and proceed.
- Choose the port for the printer and continue.
- Select the option Windows Update and wait until the driver update.
- Choose HP and click on your printer name and proceed with driver installation.
- If unable to find your printer name, then add it.
- To add your printer, provide the TCP/IP address and continue.
- Click on Device type and choose Autodetect.
- Enter the IP address of your printer and choose “Next.”
- Wait for your computer to make a connection with the printer.
- Finally, continue and install the compatible driver.
I hope you are clear with the methods to add your wireless printer to Windows 10 operating system. By following the procedure listed on this blog, you can easily do this process.
Additionally, if you need any clarification on the procedure, get in touch with us.